Co-Founder 2011- current
Strategising, planning, delivering, marketing and developing our annual programme which includes the below roles and responsibilities;
Curating annual critical exhibitions; a selected show, an open competition, and members show. Curatorial Accolades: Collectible, our launch exhibition in 2012 was cited: ‘A Meticulous Collectible Delight’ 67 Artists, 97 Artworks, 750 visitors, 25% artworks sold in 7 days. Please see our exhibitions page here.
• Managing PR, writing press, content and publicity which includes developing a strong brand and online presence through social media which has also led to consistent press coverage and reviews. See our press page here.
• Significant Audience and collector development through marketing and communications as well as innovative and strategic development (from 1,297 mailing list in 2009 to 3,769 in 2013)
• Researching and obtaining funding through a variety of revenue streams including ticketed events, local authorities, national charities as well as crowd funding & corporate sponsorship.
• Developing Strategic Partnerships with arts organisations locally and nationally such as Artquest, SLAM, a-n, Deptford X, galleries, arts organisations, local arts authorities, schools.
• Designing promotional materials, newsletters, ebulletins, web content, online exhibition catalogues and online resources ‘How to Survive as an artist.’
• Working with, employing and liaising with a number of artists as well as public, commercial and artist led galleries and organisations (eg ArtQuest, Ceri Hand Gallery), artists and arts professionals across the country.
• Nationwide touring artists talks: The A-Z of Surviving as an Artist including FirstSite (Colchester), De Le Warr Pavilion, (Bexhill on Sea), Southampton Solent University, Whitstable Biennale, MK Gallery and more.
• As a membership body we have 116 artists members, located across the Country.
• Managing a small team of volunteers.
• E-invite and e-bulletin design, collation, editing, uploading contact database and distribution
Core Gallery Co-Founder, Manager, Curator, Project coordinator and workshop practitioner
• Management and Development of a critical exhibition programme in artist led space I worked strategically and collaboratively with over 200 artists & Curators as well as curating several exhibitions I Programmed 17 exhibitions, including 2x open submission competitions, 6 open studio events and saw an 4000% increase in mailing list over 18 months due to marketing and exhibitions, strategies & partnerships.
• Managing a team of volunteers across the world who contributed to our programme.
• Project managing an Experimental Drawing Day workshop community exhibition funded by local authority.
• Delivering and Planning workshops and talks to participants, lasing with schools, artists and studio groups.